Summary: The Houseman will be employed for household repairs, maintenance, cleaning and other general work inside and outside of the principal’s main residence as well as the other residences. Must be able to communicate and negotiate with vendors in a timely and professional manner. Must have knowledge of appliances as well as electrical, plumbing and heating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform troubleshooting and repairs of households and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, roofs, drains, propane tanks, generators, electrical and HVAC
· Working knowledge of industry standards, maintenance and cost scheduling. As well as the ability to assess outside vendors qualifications and work performance.
· Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
· Managing/overseeing all projects at each residence
· Keep all estate staff up to date on each property and any issues that may result in the inability to use a property at any given time.
· Ensure grounds, garages and all work spaces are neat and clean, keep property free of debris, litter and pests
- Move furniture, set up tables and chairs and remove and store for parties and events
- Responsible for keeping household supplies stocked
- Responsible for running household errands
- Success factors require the Handyman to be organized, have the ability to anticipate the needs of the household
A guiding principle for the housemen is to learn (from observation or inquiry) virtually all household and personal needs of the principals, and to then anticipate, obtain, and conduct timely and discreet delivery of any needed items or service. If there are delays or there is an inability to bring them the desired results, then the houseman is to inform their supervisor in a timely manner and recommend other options
Other responsibilities could include:
- Responsible for basic car maintenance
- Serving for parties and events
This job will mainly be a Monday through Friday job, however, the schedule will often vary in days and hours and requires a large degree of flexibility.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
· General knowledge of all construction trade types (carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, mechanical, HVAC)
· Ability to successfully respond to property issues/needs within a tight time frame
· Ability to successfully multi-task and work under strict deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Possess competent knowledge of use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
· Experience in private residential service
- Experience in vendor and project management
- Knowledge of etiquette and protocol
- Ability to represent the household from telephone manner to reception of guests
· Ability to read mood of principal’s and other household members and adapt accordingly
· Bachelor’s degree preferable
· Licensed California Contractor preferable
· A valid Drivers license and clean driving record
· Good computer skills, as communication by email and retrieving manuals on a PC or Mac are required. Additionally, the candidate must have Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook and Excel.
If interested, please email Caitlin@thegrapevinela.com!