A client with a consulting co and a variety of businesses and investments seeks an Executive/Personal assistant to the President/CEO. The candidate will be required to be a resident of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. We understand that the ideal candidate may be found in the mainland U.S. and in that case, BPCVI will pay reasonable relocation costs.
The assistant will be on call 24 hours a day/7days a week. Multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks effectively are a must. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a high-stress and face-paced environment.
Willingness to travel at the last minute with or for the family with less than 24 hours notice is required. A current passport is necessary as this travel may occur outside of the country.
The assistant will have the ability to work out of the company office as well as the employer’s home. Most times the assistant will be working from their own home and “on the go.” The necessary equipment is provided to be able to work remotely from anywhere and we expect this person to have the responsibility of making themselves work efficiently from any location.
The candidate must be extremely trust worthy as they will be entrusted with both corporate and personal credit cards along with cash. It also must be understood that this employee will attend social engagements with the employer and be constantly interacting with his friends and family, it is imperative that the person in this position be able to separate themselves and maintain a professional front at all times, no matter the situation/location.
This person will be exposed to and entrusted with personal and confidential information. A Nondisclosure Agreement will be required of the employee which includes serious consequences should confidential information be disclosed.
Compensation package will be generous due to the demanding schedule for this position. Benefits include health insurance and four weeks paid time off. Even on pre-approved time off you will be expected to field calls and emails, perform tasks necessary to keep the work flow moving forward and at times change your vacation plans.
• Organizing travel and itineraries including domestic and international travel, managing the CEO’s, his family’s and sometimes his friends’ personal and business travel process from beginning to end to include all ground transportation and hotel bookings, meeting room requirements and catering. Could include travel by helicopter, boat, car with driver, rental car, private plane, commercial airline, train, etc. Travel changes frequently and involves more than booking simple commercial flights.
• Planning for events such as birthday parties and large dinner parties. Events are sometimes in foreign locations. Could include booking keynote speakers or celebrity entertainment and then coordinating necessary contracts associated with the event.
• Personal errands for CEO and family such as mail pickup and sorting, car repairs and maintenance, grocery shopping, taking pets to the vet, packing and unpacking for travel, etc. Consider it the norm, and not the exception, to be running errands outside of regular business hours.
• Household management including coordinating home maintenance/repair and home organization.
• Coordinate and maintain an ever-changing calendar.
• Providing CEO meals (take-out generally).
• Occasional driving for CEO and the family.
• Basic accounting such as expense reports, credit card reconciliations and paying bills/staff.
• Special projects involving internet research and cold calling as needed often requiring independent discretion and follow-up.
• Occasional babysitting (generally at inconvenient times when the nannies are unavailable).
• Basic spreadsheet and document creation and editing.
• Basic IT trouble shooting and coordination with company’s IT personnel.
• Assisting CEO and family as needed.
Requirements – please do not apply if you do not meet all of these requirements.
• 5+ years experience as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant
• Based in St. Thomas, USVI
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a polished and professional demeanor
• Proactive and bright with high cognitive abilities
• Tech skills:
o Expert at Microsoft Office Suite
o Good familiarity with both Macs and PCs
o Knowledge of Android and iOS systems
• Proficiency in the English language
• Discrete, honest and trustworthy
• Clean driving and criminal records
• Experience with high-net worth family
• College degree
• Proficiency in foreign languages especially French and Spanish
This role will pay a base of 60-80K, with quarterly bonuses of up to 10K (so an extra 40K for annum) if meeting all needs for the role.