LOCATION: NY / LA ( can be based in either city)
SPECIFICS: Approximately 50% travel — domestic and international
SALARY- 80K-120K DOE + Full Health Insurance
As the Executive Assistant/Chief of Staff you are the right-hand person to the Principal and her dynamic team. You must be passionate, hard-working, creative, embody an entrepreneurial spirit, and be willing to frequently go the extra mile — or around the globe. We’re looking for a notably talented, extremely organized individual with a bent for taking ideas from concept to execution, often in double-time.
Our world is fast-paced, but incredibly fun. We work entrepreneurial hours, and offer flexibility so long as top-notch work gets done. We welcome new team members, and foster good, long-term vibes and huge opportunity for growth.
· Support business growth, development, content, fashion, lifestyle, investments, and non-profit work
· Provide high-level administrative support to executives, and work with internal and external teams to keep schedules, travel, and projects running efficiently
· Offers tremendous opportunity for growth
· Is a hybrid of in-office in New York and Los Angeles, and on the road. You will serve as a support and extension to the two roles.
· Pending experience, this role will evolve into two positions over time as the business grows.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Chief of Staff: (40%)
· Driving culture
· Preparing documents
· Managing employee review schedule
· Ensuring top-level relationships across all categories are nurtured appropriately, followed up on, etc.
· Manage events, dinners, appointments, etc. in an external community facing environment
· Be an interactive part of the team by providing suggestions and recommendations
· Be ear to the group
· Liaise with consultants and other professionals within executive’s business portfolio
· Document and manage the follow-up on internal corporate meetings
· Implement systems, structures, and processes across business entities
· Assist in development and implementation of processes, tools, metrics, initiatives, infrastructure, and technology that will support and improve operations of executive’s various companies and personal life
· Serve as a liaise between brand and other external partners at company
Executive Assistant: (30%)
· Help plan executive commercial and private travel and vacations
· Managing email communications
· Oversee schedule of appointments, meetings, events, and calls making sure all materials are prepared ahead of time and minutes are recorded and transcribed as needed
· Monitor and manage internal and external activities, timelines, and obligations to help executive determine actions and follow through
· Maintain all internal management systems for personal and brand projects such as travel history and expenses, legal documents, ongoing client expense reports, and contact database
· Support members of the team to perform their duties to the best of their ability
· Arrange high volume and complex travel needs ranging from personal security to celebrity-specific accommodations.
· Align with external teams to ensure all meetings and shoots are confirmed and logistics are booked
· Estate management for all properties and office spaces
· Plan and organizing events and gifting for personal and various companies
· Compose general correspondence and copy on emails and media requests as directed
· Compose general correspondence and emails for executive as directed
· Establish and maintain contact database and relationship management
· Build and maintain organizational system for meeting records / files (executive and company-wide)
· Project management on special assignments: licensor approvals, events, etc.
Personal Assistant: (30%)
· Manage executive commercial and private travel and vacations
· Coordinate with stylists to plan ahead for fashion and styling preparation
· Assist in development and implementation of processes, tools, metrics, and initiatives that will support and improve operations of personal life
· Travel prep and on-road management including everything from packing, styling, prepping cars, and security to organizing food/meals/workouts and being prompt in every aspect of the schedule
· Organize personal aspects of executive’s life including but not limited to: coordinating deliveries and pick-ups, running errands, purchasing and keeping regularly used items stocked (including on the road), and supporting health and fitness goals
· Estate management for all properties
· Organize fashion
The ideal candidate is:
· Professional: This is a fun job but one that takes serious time and commitment to ensure everything is organized and moving forward. You know how to have lots of balls in the air that can’t be dropped. You will come in contact with many industry heavy weights whom you will need to handle appropriately.
· Unflappable: Crazy things happen! You should be able to pause and laugh at them for a brief second before quickly taking action to make crazy problems disappear seamlessly.
· Organized: Every day is different and the schedule changes constantly. Organization is key.
· Observant: You are always two steps ahead. You have the awareness and ability to anticipate various needs of the executives and the office.
· Flexible: You understand things change and are willing to jump on a flight if necessary. You perform various duties depending on the shifting needs of the company and the executive.
· Creative: There is a lot of room to be involved in different projects and bring original ideas to the table.
· Passionate: You love to travel (and organize others’ travel), you are excited about what we are doing, and you are driven!
· Well written, both in business and conversationally
· Worldly and up-to-date on cultural happenings
· Professional and organized
· Demonstrates exceptional problem solving skills
· Operates with the highest of integrity
· Excellent at prioritization, reading situations and people, and making decisions
· Experience in fashion, music and/or entertainment plus
· Is willing to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly
· Maintains flow of the workday by anticipating problems and prioritizing solutions
· Puts forth organizational agility in being able to lead, work independently, effectively communicate to diverse audiences, manage multiple deadlines, and constantly prioritize tasks
· Awareness: ability to observe and anticipate needs by being aware of office activities and offer efficiency suggestions
· Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion in all aspects of the job, displaying courtesy and professionalism in all contacts, and managing difficult or politically sensitive situations effectively
· Assist in all implementation, follow directions, organize, set priorities, maintain smooth workflow of office activities and make decisions within approved guidelines