Freelance Design Associate/Project Manager with experience in branded marketing and high-level interior design or fashion.
Desired candidates must have experience leading and executing creative projects to completion within a tight timeline. Projects will cross over personal & professional – from branded products and printed materials to fashion and interiors.
Location: New York City-based candidates
Duration: Position is project based
Please advise salary needs with a word based RESUME
A prolific writer based in NY, seeks an experienced, hyper organized, multi facetted assistant who is exceptional at managing a very busy schedule and can multi task well at all times. The position is busy, requires that someone be amenable to travel both Internationally and Nationally, be available on call as needed at all times, and be free to work weekdays as well as some weekends (esp. when traveling). There are multiple homes so will be interfering with house manager and domestic staff to ensure that all is running smoothly. The base pay is 95K plus stipend towards benefits, vacation/sick days and OT with the role averaging at about 120K or so.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of employer’s life in order to maximize his time spent writing and his time spent with family.
- Anticipating employer’s needs and constantly/consistently staying two (or ten!) steps ahead.
- Managing an extremely busy calendar across multiple time zones and keeping it up-to-date,
while scheduling personal and business appointments, deadlines, book tours, appearances,
speaking engagements, social engagements, and much more.
- Coordinating extensive domestic AND international travel arrangements, including hotels,
flights, trains, car services, restaurants, and more.
- Traveling to upstate New York (plus potentially other domestic and international locations
during times when employer’s on the road) and staying there to work side-by-side with him as
needed –– usually for several days at a time and occasionally longer.
- Ensuring employer’s son and nanny have backup childcare when employer travels
- Supporting employer in various encounters at events, conferences, partnership meetings, etc.
- Taking care of heavy flow of emails into inbox, including drafting correspondence, prioritizing
what needs to be accomplished, and streamlining task management.
- Cataloging reimbursable expenses and submitting them to business manager in timely fashion
(this requires extensive follow-up and follow-through)
- Maintaining an extremely high degree of confidentiality and handling private information with
- Running personal errands as needed.
- Building and continually fostering great relationships with people at all levels.
- Making sure everything’s running smoothly at home (and doing this across multiple homes).
- Filling out and filing paperwork, as well as creating systems to maintain the organization of
employer’s office, house, etc.
- Taking high-level, potentially vague assignments and filling in the blanks.
- Staying on top of ever-changing priorities and projects.
- Following-up and following-through on all action items.
- Maintain appropriate employer/employee boundaries.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- The primary measure of success in this position is making (and protecting) time for writing. In addition, the following criteria will warrant the position successful:
- ○ Personal assistant has created a genuine connection with employer and his family, which includes maintaining constant communication with spouse’s staff to help schedule time with the family.
- ○ Personal assistant has become a supportive team player and has developed positive working relationships with other members of employer’s teams (business manager, agent as well as employer’s personal staff).
- ○ Personal assistant has demonstrated a productive and proactive work style.
- ○ Personal assistant has shown the ability to anticipate the employer’s needs and be efficient and effective in managing his schedule.
- ○ Personal assistant has established methods for consistent and thorough communication with employer. Know what questions to ask and when to ask them.
- ○ Personal assistant has maintained positive attitude, trustworthiness, and confidentiality surrounding the nature of employer’s life.
Family Assistant — $25 to $30 DOE
An entertainment based family (dad is writer director, kids are actors) with 3 children. 2 boys aged 10 and 15 and a daughter aged 18 – seeks a family assistant to help with a myriad of needs. The dad does travel quite a bit so someone who is open to travel is a plus. The eldest child is taking classes but acts and doesn’t drive so there would be need for some driving for her as well as the 2 teenage boys. They are very very kind and fairly easy going but do have a lot on their plates. The hours generally would be Monday through Friday 1pm-6pm. Guaranteed 25 hours a week but open to someone who is a bit flexible and can potentially work 30 hours a week sometimes. Could also be asked to sleep over if parents are traveling. Duties include but not limited to: picking boys up from school, helping with homework, taking boys to their respective activities, light food prep for boys, organizing, grocery shopping, errands like dropping of dry-cleaning or shipping packages dropping off or picking up daughter from set. Could be asked on occasion to assist with some business needs such as taking notes on a call, maintaining a schedule and calendar, ordering and sending flowers, etc.
The ideal person is fun, outgoing, a true self-starter and exceedingly organized. Someone familiar with the entertainment industry would be beneficial but not required.
A prolific manager for film and TV clients, who is also a producer seeks a dynamic, energetic, on the ball EA. This role calls for someone who MUST have worked at a talent agency or at another management company/production company and knows well the drill of a fast paced office. We seek someone who knows the players, who keeps their finger on the pulse, and who WANTS to grow, especially in talent representation. For the right person, with the right work ethic, there is room for pretty fast advancement. Interest introducing is also a plus. In the meantime though you must be a savvy and good assistant. Typical duties: rolling calls, managing ever changing schedule/calendar, expense reports, assist with knowing information and projects around town and so on. Great company tin excellent benefits and other perks.
A very high profile, creative couple, in the entertainment sector seeks a FASTIDIOUS , TYPE AAA Executive/Personal Assistant who is RAZOR sharp, graceful and on point at all times. SHARP in every way. This role will work closely with another LA based assistant. The client is always on the road with movies/TV/businesses and works at the highest levels with the most notable talents out there. They also have homes London, Seattle, Bel Air, Florida etc. This person DOESN’T have to travel, but MUST be available at all times for the clients. This is a demanding role and requires that someone MUST be extremely communicative, informed and work in good form with manners and be poised at all times. This role calls for someone who is also flexible, so if you are a clock watcher, not for you. In this role you will manage an ever moving schedule/calendar, will assist with research, will assist with just being organized and getting things done at all times, interface with business associates, manage billing, work with amazing housekeepers in each home and MOST importantly, will listen to their needs/rules as pertaining to their schedules and will have the foresight to plan meetings with time to get there, traffic, parking etc. WILL also be able to look at the calendar and see over the next days/weeks/months where trouble shooting should happen and will have a problem solving ability. The BIGGEST KEY component for success in this role is to have predictive insight, be timely, composed, graceful at all times. If you are able to be successful, they are people who take good care of their people with many of their staff being with them for years and years! Open for salary for the right person based on experience.
A wonderful and very busy entertainment talent who has their hands in many areas in and around entertainment, seeks a self motivated, organized and energized Executive/Personal Assistant. You will manage the day to day needs from a business and personal perspective for this very vibrant person. Will be able to work autonomously and independently. Will have the attitude that no task is “to big or too small”. Will take true pleasure in being a right hand person, will always be professional, respectful, upbeat and discreet. This position is very varied and will require travel at times for tour dates (not months at a time). Will also be able to work from a home office, offices where they are on set as well as the travel. General hours are Monday through Friday 8am- 6pm with flex as needed. 85K plus benefits after 90 days. Career Assistant preferred.
Manage ever changing/quite busy calendar/schedule including meetings, professional needs and personal appointments and reservations.
Liaison with business associates, family and friends.
Will assist with errands, dealing with stylists/hair/makeup etc.
Gift buying, ensuring working with house manager, etc
Ideal person will be master at multi tasking, being efficient, great with follow through, strong communicator and being aware of surroundings.
A lovely family with twins in 8th grade seeks someone who can assist two very busy parents who work with after school driving. Both children attend school in the valley and most of their activities are nearby. Then bringing home and ensuring they are fed, doing home work etc. Pretty stress free role. Seeing to hire someone 20 hours a week — Monday through Friday, 4pm – 8pm. $20 take home an hour.
A successful, young media personality is seeking a smart, driven, super organized yet low key Personal Assistant to support their rapidly growing business and personal life. Will work directly with the talent to support their needs day to day ensuring that all areas of life are covered. Will be the talent’s right hand and will ensure that there is order to their life. We also are seeking someone that is mature, knows how to handle showing up to wrk eau day bright and alert, appreciates a “working” relationship and know show to maintain professionalism at all times. . While young, this media talent is super driven, is not a partier and relishes work. They seek someone who displays punctuality, professionalism, knows how to dress and be with the client at appearances. MUST have previous experience as a personal assistant (preferably set experience). Ideal person will also have an interest in fashion, beauty and pop culture. Will be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, reorganized and efficient, and accustomed to meeting deadlines and needs in a very fast manner. General hours are about Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, with flex as needed on occasions. 65-70K based on experience plus stipend towards benefits.
Duties include but at not limited to:
Extensive travel coordination – booking flights/hotels/accomodations/car service,
Scheduling all reservations/meetings/appointments whether professional or personal,
Interfacing with business managers, friends, family, business associates,
Arrange and accompany talent to events,
Errands, grocery shopping, and other miscellaneous needs,
Experience with and assist with production, set life etc
Family Assistant/Driving “Nanny
” Fryman Canyon area
3pm – 8pm/9pm (roughly 25/30 hours a week with flex as needed)
$25 an hour.
A lovely family that is super busy and dynamic seeks a supremely organized and detailed family assistant /driving nanny.
The ideal person will have good judgement and will have a good head on their shoulders. Much of the time will be assisting mom with household needs such as errands, grocery shopping from time to time, organizing, as well as assisting with taking kids, girls 15 and boy 11 to their after school activities. Will also ensure that after the activities and school, that their homework is being done, will organize needs for the next day, and will assist with meal prep and light cooking. Will also ensure that the kitchen is tidy after the meal.
This is a super kind family and people work with them for years. There is a car to drive.
Are you an office manager who thrives in a busy, exciting, creative environment? We are looking for a superstar front of house office manager to join a busy team to help bring order to the chaos! Welcome all visitors, manage meetings rooms, plan team lunches, and provide the extra helping hands they need to continue to grow their business.
The ideal person is:
● Prepared to provide an outstanding level of customer service to all visitors, performing a real front of house role – from the moment that someone walks through the door they feel the culture of the company and are welcomed into their “experience.”
● The lynchpin of the team, responsible for upkeep of the office, from keeping everything stocked from snacks to work needs, to managing the cleaning team, to helping to plan an upcoming move to a bigger office space
● Organize incoming and outgoing deliveries and devise systems for mail organization and phone messaging
● Ordering supplies as and when needed
● Plan office events for the team to bond, relax, and celebrate successes.
The client is a building a platform which enables their global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. They work in and around entertainment and have worked with some of the biggest events in the world. They are rapidly expanding their festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australia. As they continue to expand rapidly, they are also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. The client empowers you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. It is up to to you to work in the fashion that allows you to be as successful as you can be. GREAT company with very nice and determined people.
Seeking to pay 50K- 80K plus benefits. Generals hours are Monday through Friday 830am – 630pm with flex as needed.