A fantastic and very prolific composer for TV and FILm projects seeks a very engaged, detailed, hyper organized Executive Assistant/Coordinator. Seeking to pay between 60K-70K with opportunity to be a part of profit sharing (like 401K) after one year and potential stipened towards health. Ideal person will have an ability to multi task, move fluidly and quickly between projects all the while remaining calm. This client is in high demand, works with some of the best of the best so will be exposed to a really interesting end of the business. There is room for raised and such over time. This is however is not a growth role as the client seeks a true EA.
Seeking to hire an experienced professional to take on the role of assisting a busy film/tv composer and managing post-production project coordination for various shows/films. Duties include facilitating day-to-day communication between members of our small team, heavy email correspondence, use of multi-line phones, overseeing the studio schedule handling many conflicts, and ensuring the studio is running efficiently tracking invoicing, mix deadlines, and recording sessions.
This exciting yet demanding role is responsible for keeping track of constantly shifting post-production schedules and implementing necessary adaptations to the studio workflow to ensure deadlines are met. As project coordinator, you’ll also handle digital and physical assets & deliveries for multiple projects simultaneously overlapping in various stages of production. This can include scheduling pickup/dropoff of drives, uploading/downloading content from servers and networks such as IBM Aspera, and organizing archives of projects as work is being done. You will be taking notes at spotting sessions, communicating with music editors and responding to various requests, and tracking take notes at recording sessions for use in editing.
You are the face of the studio, greeting guests and making accommodations for high-profile talent ensuring professionalism and discretion. This role requires strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with external clients (e.g., outside post-production coordinators, stage managers, production supervisors, music editors, and various assistants). Occasional travel planning (facilitating ground and air accommodations), expense tracking, and filing of contracts associated with recording sessions are expected on an ad hoc basis. As needed, you are expected to handle miscellaneous personal assistance requests such as ensuring lunch is handled, arranging suit dry cleaning prior to red carpet events, preparing detailed travel itineraries, and limited errands as they relate to travel/home needs.
- Prior experience with an entertainment executive or in a post-production environment is strongly preferred.
- Someone who is tech and internet savy—ability to problem solve and find solutions when issues arise (i.e., utilizing Skype, conference calls including international codes, streaming hosts such as cineSync, EPS Cineworks, Sohonet Flex).
- In-depth understanding of Google Suite particularly utilizing Sheets to track projects
- Able to juggle multiple projects that overlap responsibilities and shift priority and reschedule workflow efficiently where needed.
- Possesses a professional demeanor in high-stress environments maintaining composure under pressure.
- A discerning self starter who is able to make decisions and prioritize without supervision
- Strong attention to detail and cognizant of big-picture concepts as well as granular elements. Ideally, the candidate has the ability to think preemptively and accurately assess the needs of others, anticipating potential problems and planning backups.
- The successful candidate will have a strong interest in the post-production world, as you’ll have direct interaction with members throughout all phases of the process from spotting, writing, editing, recording, mixing, and final delivery.