$125k + discretionary bonus + health benefits
60 – day trial required
Small Ventures, is currently looking for an Executive/Personal assistant to the
Founder. The candidate will be required to reside in Houston, TX.
Travel – Willingness to travel at the last minute with or for the CEO with less than 24 hours notice is required. A current passport is necessary as this travel may occur outside of the country.
Working condition – The assistant will be on call 24 hours a day/7days a week. Multi‐tasking and prioritizing tasks effectively are a must. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a high‐stress and fast‐paced environment. Constructive criticism will be given and should be received well with a desire to improve.
The assistant will have the ability to work out of the company office as well as the employer’s home. Much of the time the assistant will be working “on the go” and from home. The necessary equipment is provided to be able to work remotely from anywhere and we expect this person to have the responsibility of making themselves work efficiently from any location and to manage their own schedule of work.
Trust/Confidentiality – The candidate must be extremely trustworthy as they will be entrusted with both corporate and personal credit cards along with cash to manage. It also must be understood that this employee will attend social engagements with the employer and be constantly interacting with his friends and family. Therefore, it is imperative that the person in this position be able to separate themselves and maintain a respectful and professional front, no matter the situation/location.
This person will be exposed to and entrusted with personal and confidential information on a regular basis. A Nondisclosure Agreement will be required of the employee which includes serious consequences should confidential information be disclosed. A keen understanding of discretion is required especially due to the nature of the job.
Compensation – The package will be generous due to the demanding schedule for this position.
Benefits include health insurance and four weeks paid time off annually. Additional time off may be permitted with the understanding that it is a “working holiday” and the priority tasks at hand must not be halted.
- Organize travel and itineraries including domestic and international travel, managing the CEO’s, his family’s and some friends’ personal and business travel process from beginning to end to include all air, ground transportation and hotel bookings, meeting room requirements, events and catering. Could include travel by helicopter, boat, car with driver, rental car, private plane, commercial airline, train, etc. Travel changes frequently and involves more than booking simple commercial flights. Proper dedication to a smooth travel process for CEO, family and friends means being on task at the time of travel events (i.e. flight landing, car transfer, hotel check-in) to ensure if issues arise, they can be handled with the least amount of inconvenience possible to the traveler(s).
- Cater to guests of CEO such as hotelcheck-ins, entertaining and providing concierge services.
- Personal errands for CEO and family such as airport transfers, mail pickup and sorting, car repairs and maintenance, grocery shopping, taking pets to the vet, doctor visits, school visits/pick up, etc. Consider it the norm, and not the exception, to be running errands outside of regular business hours.
- Manage all of CEO’s assets including real estate, time share and boats; includescoordinating maintenance/repair, guest usage, organization, stock of necessary and preferred items and coordinating with outside vendors, housing staff and property managers.
- Maintain existing relationships with established vendors and personnel to provide the highest quality experience for the CEO. Establish new relationships that will benefit the cause.
- Plan events such as birthday parties and large dinner parties. Events are sometimes in foreign locations. Could include booking keynote speakers or celebrity entertainment and then coordinating necessary contracts associated with the event. Suggesting and obtaining gifts for family/friends.
- Coordinate and maintain an ever‐changing calendar and remind CEO of key events as he is planning for himself.
- Provide CEO and family meals (take‐out generally).
- Keep track of medications and all refills.
- Pack and unpack CEO and family. Ensuring stock of CEO favorite items at office and house and for travel.
- Basic computer/clerical tasks including: accounting for expense reports, tracking receipts, petty cash and credit card reconciliations, paying vendors/bills/staff, some basic spreadsheet, document creation/editing, reviewing contracts/documents for accuracy, form completion on behalf of CEO, preparing documents for notary, lightIT trouble shooting/coordination with company’s IT personnel.
- Special projects involving creative problem solving both for personal and business needs, internet research and cold calling as needed often requiring independent discretion and follow‐up.
- Other projects include assembling purchased items for house/CEO use, learning new tech objects to summarize instructions for CEO.
- Acting as primary gatekeeper and liaison for principal.
- Occasional babysitting, and transportation of children.
- Cover for other staff as needed.
(please do not apply if you do not meet all of these requirements)
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university
- 5+ years’ experience as a Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant
- Willingness spend a lot of time in Thomas, USVI and experience an island lifestyle that can be wonderful and frustrating all at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a polished and professional demeanor regardless of the informal nature of the environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive and bright with high cognitive abilities.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Prioritizing executive tasks and multi-task effectively.
- The person who will be most successful in this role will be independent, confident, assertive and unbiased in their observation and exposure to personal elements of the CEOs life (i.e. recognize when to have an opinion to share and when not to).
- They will have a proven track record of discretion, honesty and trustworthiness.
- They will be proficient in the English language, both speaking and writing.
- Their driving, criminal and credit records will be clean of indiscretions.
- Excellent references
- Must hold a valid U.S. Passport
- United States work authorization
SPECIFIC TECH SKILLS
o Expert at Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
o Good familiarity with both Macs and PCs
o Knowledge of Android and iOS systems
o Experience with high‐net worth family
o Experience in an office/corporate environment
o Proficiency in foreign languages especially French and Spanish