Step Up Women’s Network is a nonprofit membership organization (50,000 supporters strong!) dedicated to igniting women and girls to fulfill their potential by:
The New York managing director oversees all local New York fundraising, programs, events and staff. The managing director is responsible for the funding, strategic direction and operations of our teen programs and membership programs, as well as management of the NY office’s operations including HR, budgeting and finance, and other day-to-day office needs. The managing director reports to the CEO.
Fundraising and External Relations
• Strategic planning and implementation of all fundraising efforts for the NY office including:
• Managing relationships with and events related to Step Up’s high-tier donors ($1,000+)
• Building and cultivating local sponsors and foundations and helping to identify & steward towards national opportunities
• Managing the board of directors, supporting its efforts to fundraise on behalf of the organization and recruit candidates for the board
• Acting as spokesperson for the organization at key events and pitch meetings
• Overseeing the development and implementation of programs and activities in the areas of:
• Creating strategy & monitoring progress around increasing member support of and engagement in our mission
Operations and Staffing
• Providing leadership for the NY office by implementing and communicating the strategic vision & mission set forth by the national board of directors
• Managing a team of 3 full-time staff, 1 part-time staff and several interns
• Recruiting and retaining a strong staff built on teamwork, entrepreneurship, and collaborative decision-making
• Communicating and maintaining HR policies
• Ensuring fiduciary responsibility and fiscal management of NY office
• Preparing and monitoring annual budget
• Overseeing the NY offices’ technology/space/supply needs
Board of Directors/Governance
• Working with the NY board to implement local strategy to achieve national goals & fulfill Step Up’s mission and long-term vision
• Overseeing board recruitment, retention and performance
• Organizing all board meetings, reports and presentations
Ideally, the candidate will have at least seven years of work experience and at least five years of management experience, including program and staff management in a non-profit organization. Candidate must have an undergraduate degree, and a graduate degree is preferred.
Step Up’s strength stems from our members’ ability to leverage their personal and professional skills and relationships to give back to the community. We’re a growing nonprofit with ambitious goals. The successful managing director candidate will be outgoing, flexible, solution-oriented, experienced in stewarding relationships, and able to work independently but also be able to build consensus.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Proven leadership and management experience with exceptional communication skills
• Proven experience and success in business development and/or fundraising
• Experience with public speaking for large and small audiences
• Ability to build and motivate a high-performing board of directors to implement the strategic vision for the organization
• Ability to manage employees and/or volunteers with proven ability to motivate teams
• Strong business acumen and understanding of budgeting and office management
• Proven track record in management of high-performing direct service programs
• A passion for and experience in women’s issues and youth development for girls
• High level of organization and efficiency, the ability to multitask
• Entrepreneurial spirit
This position will report to the NY board of directors and the CEO who is based in Los Angeles. Desired Fill Date is April 1. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Jenni Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Welcome to The Grapevine Agency! We are the premiere corporate and domestic staffing agency in Los Angeles and New York. We decided to create this blog as a forum for all of our Grapevine fans. We will be discussing hot topics regarding the job market as well as offer many tips and advice on how to find and land that perfect job. Also, we are now posting all of our corporate and domestic job lists here and will update them regularly. Feel free to ask us questions and give us suggestions about things you would like to see up here and will try our hardest to give you what you want. Enjoy!