In: Uncategorized19 Apr 2017
Business Office Assistant
Private School – Sherman Oaks, CA
45K – 50K based on experience plus benefits
The Business Office Assistant is an integral part of the Business Office, responsible for coordinating and assisting the School accountant in the daily accounting functions of the Business Office (i.e. all aspects of processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing deposits, preparing various reports, daily filing, and other responsibilities assigned by the CFO and/or direct supervisor). The Business Office Assistant is a member of the office staff and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and the school accountant. MUST be very tech savvy and EXCELLENT in Excel.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receiving invoices and coding and posting them to the correct GL Account, preparing Accounts Payable, disbursements, mailing checks, and filing backups in the vender file (the full accounts-payable cycle);
• Handling accounting for the major Parent Association events, such as the Spring Event, Holiday Boutique, Golf Tournament, and others;
• Responding to parent billing inquiries and assisting them with their accounting needs;
• Carrying out additional responsibilities assigned in support of the CFO or School Accountant;
• Interacting professionally with all School departments that are serviced by the Business Office;
• Working at after-hours School and Parent Association events, such as the Holiday Boutique, Open House, and other events as assigned;
• Reconcile school’s credit cards monthly statements;
• Collecting proper backup and expenditure receipts on credit cards and posting these expenditures to GL Expense accounts;
• Undertake other tasks or special projects assigned by the Administration;
• Assist in the front office (answering telephone, faxing, making copies, etc.).
• Student accounts receivable billing for all student incurred charges and collection of the receivable accounts via monthly billing;
• Assisting CFO and the Business Office in preparation for the Annual Audit, preparing audit lead schedules.
Welcome to The Grapevine Agency! We are the premiere corporate and domestic staffing agency in Los Angeles and New York. We decided to create this blog as a forum for all of our Grapevine fans. We will be discussing hot topics regarding the job market as well as offer many tips and advice on how to find and land that perfect job. Also, we are now posting all of our corporate and domestic job lists here and will update them regularly. Feel free to ask us questions and give us suggestions about things you would like to see up here and will try our hardest to give you what you want. Enjoy!