A multi hyphenate in the entertainment, business, media and brand space, with an extraordinarily busy life seeks a TRUE career Estate Manager. Based in Beverly Hills, the home is large with tons family and business associates. There is a lot of staff that needs to be managed and will report into this role including housekeepers and butlers (believe nannies and chef as well). The role will report to the Chief of Staff, the principal of the home as well as work with team members and interface with may family members. 150K -200K depending on experience.
As one of the most active, energetic and multi-talented executives in the world, the principle of this home is kind but demanding in needs . The Estate Manager is the orchestrator of the household. He/ she works directly with the Chairman/CEO to plan and execute the overall management of the properties and expected service. The Estate Manager will set the service standard and is responsible for the hiring, training and ongoing management of staff required to meet the service needs of the household. They will plan and execute VIP service and hospitality for events and day to day living for the Chairman/CEO. Expedite or perform all the duties necessary to ensure an outstanding experience.
- Managing the day-to-day household function of primary residences in LA
- Leading the domestic staff including: Butler, Property Managers, Housekeepers, House Manager, etc.
- Liaison between principal and domestic staff and delegate accordingly
- Implement and manage HR functions for domestic staff including: recruiting, training and development, performance reviews, staff schedules
- As Head, Family Office, provide strategic direction for the Chairman/CEO ‘s extended family members.Point of contact for household issues / inquiries. Implement best practices and provide guidance for household management
- Develop and implement company policies and employee manuals
- Act as the Chairman / CEO’s representative for major construction and renovation projects
- Oversee monthly and annual budgets for each home and provide reports
- Review and authorize household bills and vendor selection
- Identify, research, and negotiate on principals’ behalf large purchases such as watercraft and vehicles
- Oversee events including large personal celebrations, charity events, publicity events, etc.
- Research and development for special projects, as well as numerous additional tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Overall maintenance and look and feel of the various properties
- Management of the Chairman/CEO’s family and extended family members’ homes
- Highest level of personal service experience with private families and / or individuals
- Well educated in luxury items such as fine art and antiques
- Proper social etiquette and cultural knowledge
- Acute business skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with outstanding diplomacy
- Ability to effectively lead and provide direction to both direct reports and those within your circle of influence
- Successful track record of achieving results through relationship building, persuasion and collaboration
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Forecasting and budgeting experience
- Demonstrable comfort dealing effectively with people at all levels (including senior business and political leaders, celebrities and non-celebrities) and from a wide range of backgrounds and professions
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Consistent discretion, sound judgment, and the highest professional ethics
- Passion for excellence and innovation
- Strong work ethic
- A track record of 8-10 years of professional success in highly complex, demanding environments
- College degree required; graduate degree a plus