An amazing and fun loving family in the Silver Lake area, with two very busy working parents, and 2 kids, a daughter, 12 and son 8, are looking for an all-purpose, flexible and multi-talented nanny/ family assistant. While the parents have full work schedules, they are both very much involved in their children’s lives. However, the children have busy schedules as well.
After having a loving, warm, smart and highly functional nanny/house manager in their lives for 8 years (and someone they knew for 11 years), they now sadly are in need of someone new, as she has moved.
This warm and loving family are seeking someone outgoing, warm and compassionate, with excellent problem solving skills. Someone who is organized, neat, clean, flexible and multi faceted. The role calls for someone to be on the ball to ensure that daily life is moving forward seamlessly. The kids will be at two different schools comes the Fall and they participate in a variety of lessons, sports and activities, so a good, safe driver is a must. Also after school both kids have homework and in particular with the youngest, they need someone who can help and most importantly, ensure all his homework gets completed. Other facets of the job are grocery shopping to stores and farmers market (they like to eat healthy and organic), buying household supplies at Target, Costco, buying Birthday gifts for parties, tidying and organizing the home, meal prep (someone who enjoys cooking is a plus, as you’ll need to cook for kids and be asked to make a healthy soup or two a week for the parents), laundry for the household, bedtime rituals (bath, reading stories, and snuggles), etc.
This family is cool, generous and fun— and seek someone who supports their values and their sunny, affectionate nature. Monday through Friday, 1pm- 7:30pm– $22- $25 per hour as general hours but definitely need someone who is flexible and can do earlier hours if needed (when school is out or children are sick) and or later hours when the parents have business dinners or events. The parents have business dinners on average 2x per week. We also might add a few additional hours earlier in the day to help the family organize the house on certain weeks.
The ideal candidate has at least a few years experience working with kids in this general age range, organizing a home, running a household, utilizing technology and has strong references. This person must also be proactive, and take initiative, solution oriented and a problem solver. They don’t mind doing the small things (i.e cleaning up around the house) or managing projects (i.e. organizing the basement or closets, etc). They should understand and exercise discretion, judgement and confidentiality. They would have a good sense of humor, like to laugh, but most importantly love their kids.
Required qualifications include the ability to:
- Organize the house and help keep it organized
- Shop for groceries/household needs etc (at the grocery store, farmers market, butcher, target etc)
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning, run errands, etc.
- Oversee home improvements (and coordinate handymen when needed):
- Assist with keeping track of kids’ school needs/homework/activities/sports
- Proactively find ways to make lives more coordinated and less stressful.
- Assist with the house rules as led by parents. Our youngest child needs someone who can stand by and enforce boundaries and discipline that is in line with our values.
- Party planning (shopping for holidays, help with prep, etc.)
- Take care of dog, vet, groomer etc (they don’t have one yet, but the kids are lobbying hard)
- Research as needed
- Assist with vacation and camp info etc
- Holiday organization, packing kids
- Ability to set-up and use technology (i.e. connecting video game modules to the television; downloading and set up apps on smartphones (we use iPhones; use email, calendar apps, task/to do apps, etc.)