Second Assistant Needed to work alongside an amazing hard working first assistant.
Must have a hard working and 24/7 mentality
80K plus opportunity for quarterly bonuses based on performance
Will also provide some moving costs
1K a month towards housing
An exciting CEO/President based in St Thomas is currently looking for a Second Assistant. The candidate will be required to be/become a resident of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. We understand that the ideal candidate may be found in the mainland U.S. and in that case, BPCVI will pay reasonable relocation costs. This position will report to the CEO’s Personal Assistant as well as the CEO to support him.
Travel – Willingness to travel at the last minute with or for the CEO with less than 24-hours notice is required. A current passport is necessary as this travel may occur outside of the country.
Working condition – The task assistant will be on call 24/7 and must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Multi‐tasking and prioritizing tasks effectively are a must. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a high‐stress and fast‐paced environment. Constructive criticism will be given and should be received well with a desire to improve.
The assistant will have the ability to work out of the company office though much of the time the assistant will be working “on the go” and from home. The necessary equipment is provided to be able to work remotely from anywhere and we expect this person to have the responsibility of making themselves work efficiently from any location and to manage their own schedule of work.
Trust/Confidentiality – The candidate must be extremely trustworthy as they will be entrusted with both corporate and personal credit cards along with cash to manage. It also must be understood that this employee will attend social engagements with the employer and be constantly interacting with his friends and family. Therefore, it is imperative that the person in this position be able to separate themselves and maintain a respectful and professional front, no matter the situation/location.
This person will be exposed to and entrusted with personal and confidential information on a regular basis. A Nondisclosure Agreement will be required of the employee which includes serious consequences should confidential information be disclosed. A keen understanding of discretion is required especially due to the nature of living on a small island.
Compensation – up to 80K. Company car provided. $1K per month housing allowance. Up to two months temporary housing.
Handling an ever-changing list of tasks, errands and directives.
CEO travels frequently and the candidate must have the ability to prepare him for travel. Could include travel by helicopter, boat, car service, rental car, private plane, commercial airline, train, etc. Travel can include multiple guests of the CEOs, changes frequently and the assistant should be able to adapt to such. Ability to be resourceful in order to complete tasks in a wide variety of settings and cultures is a must.
Cater to guests of CEO such as concierge services.
Personal errands for CEO and family such as airport/inner island transfers, mail pickup and sorting, car repairs and maintenance, grocery shopping, taking pets to the vet, school/doctor/event commitments, etc. Consider it the norm, and not the exception, to be interrupted while doing one task, because you must complete another.
Coordinating with outside vendors, housing staff and property managers in a respectful and helpful way and, most importantly, disseminating relevant information to the CEO and/or team.
Represent the CEO well in all interactions. It is a small island and your actions and attitude will be viewed as a reflection of him.
Help with events such as birthday parties, corporate gatherings, large dinner parties. Events are sometimes in foreign locations. Selecting and purchasing gifts for family/friends.
Coordinate with other staff regarding CEO schedule and assistance pertaining to appointments and events such as dialing in for a conference call or being on time for a meeting.
Deliver take out meals for CEO, guests and family.
Pack and unpack CEO for travel. Ensuring stock of CEO favorite items at office and house and for travel. Ensuring stock is a collaborative effort between the Task Assistant and Nanny, overseen by the Personal Assistant .
Basic computer/clerical tasks including: excel spreadsheets for expense reports, tracking receipts for petty cash and credit card logs, paying vendors as directed by Personal Assistant, basic document creation/editing, form completion on behalf of CEO.
Internet research and cold calling as directed.
Other projects include assembling purchased items for house/CEO use, learning new tech objects to summarize instructions for CEO.
Occasional babysitting (if no nannies can cover the task).
Cover for the Personal Assistant and other staff as needed.
(please do not apply if you do not meet all of these requirements)
5+ year history working in a corporate environment OR as an assistant. 5+ years in hospitality or events may be considered depending on the situation.
Willingness to be based in St. Thomas, USVI and experience an island lifestyle that can be wonderful and frustrating all at once.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a polished and professional demeanor regardless of the informal nature of the environment.
Proactive and bright with high cognitive abilities.
Criminal and credit records clean of indiscretions.
Proficient in the English language, both speaking and writing.
The person who will be most successful in this role will:
be independent, confident, not above handling the minutia, a team player, highly efficient at communicating, unbiased in their observation and exposure to personal elements of the CEOs life (i.e. recognize when to have an opinion to share and when not to).
have a proven track record of discretion, honesty and trustworthiness.
be organized whether it be a knack or an lifestyle.
be comfortable owning myriad tasks or errands; this person is the handler of minutia and will appreciate that no day is the same in this job. Likewise, this person is not above the mundane.
SPECIFIC TECH SKILLS
o Above entry level experience in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
o Knowledge of or comfort in learning both Macs and PCs
o Knowledge of or comfort in learning both Android and iOS systems
o Experience with high‐net worth family/clientele
o College degree
o Proficiency in foreign languages especially French and Spanish
Full Time Nanny Needed- Brentwood/Palisades boarder
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm
Salary: $25 an hour on the books.
A lovely family with 2 boys: 3 years and 2 months, seek a warm, active nanny (please knowhow to swim) with infant experience.
Dad travels a lot so mom certainly needs some extra hands to assist with all the needs as related to the kids or when she is out of the home. The ideal candidate is super flexible, service oriented, can jump right in, and has high integrity. They seek someone who can plan activities, coordinate play dates, prepare meals, drive to / from activities, keep a calendar for the children, come up with new ideas for their entertainment, travel on occasion and be open to communication at all times. You should love what you do, be engaged and be OK to assist with needs while kids sleep: prepare healthful kids meals, organize their toys, go through drawers, tidy and laundry for kids and always be OK to lend a hand such as empty the dishwasher or wipe down counters and or sweep, if the housekeeper is busy else where in the home.
Family Foundation Director of Development
$100-175K++ DOE & benefits
The Family Foundation Director of Development will partner with the Founder on the Foundation’s mission execution and funding development. S/he will understand and promote the Foundation and alongside the Founder determine how to best move the Foundation’s mission forward.
• Collaborates with the Founder & Foundation Staff to develop and carry out fundraising initiatives
• In collaboration with the EVP, develop and deepen relationships with foundations, major donors, corporations and community members. Manages acknowledgement, tracking, analysis and follow up of major donors
• Conducts Foundation and corporate research and drafts general operating and special projects proposal focused on medical philanthropy.
• Collaborates with Foundation Staff to coordinate and execute the Foundation’s International conferences
• Expertise in managing media relations with healthcare experience preferred
• Participates in quarterly Founder’s meetings to support and develop strategies
• Liaison between Founder & ghost writer of publications.
• Maintains open lines of communication between Founder and all Foundation Staff
• Drafts and edits solicitation letters and ensures follow-up is conducted in a timely manner.
• Exceptional development skills focused on philanthropy medical projects.
• Success in navigating congressional and senatorial offices to promote key projects (e.g getting representatives behind Foundation’s movement)
• 3-5 years related fundraising experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• Enthusiastic and energized personality
• Must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and have superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Polished presentation skills
• Must have experience in foundation/corporate relations and managing special events
• Public Relations experience is a plus
• Outstanding communication skills
• Superlative writing and editing skills
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is a must.
For immediate consideration, please email your updated CV in Word (not pdf)
Only local candidates who meet the requirements above will be considered for this wonderful opportunity.
Floater Personal Assistant
20 hours a week (will commit to 20 hours a week but may be higher on occasion)
$35 – $45 an hour DOE and salary history
Office/Homes: Palisades, Venice and Marina Del Rey
Will serve as the 2nd PA for the Executive Assistant in place
General days: the client is hard-pressed to name days so this is clearly for someone extremely flexible.
A prominent attorney with a very busy EA seeks someone to assist when the EA is unavailable.
We seek someone who is business professional, able to work with clients in an office as well as be in home with teenagers. No job can be too big or too small.
This role will encompass everything from tracking needs and personal stuff, assistance with calendar management, travel arrangements, errands, organizing, packing and unpacking and dealing with HSKP.
Teenage kid friendly for when working at the home
Must also be prepared to be business appropriate and interface with clients
HUGE PLUS is ability to travel
Thurs 2pm- 5pm (or later if they have dinner plans)
Occasional Fri afternoons
**Sat SLEEPOVER- FLEX start time – Sunday late morning (must be able to sleep over every Sat night).
Family in Santa Monica with two young boys (3.5 and 6 years old) is looking for a fun, responsible, energetic nanny – camp counselor-type MANNY or NANNY. Perfect English, educated, clean driving record (they have a third car). Able to enforce firm boundaries in a kind, loving way.
Avail to babysit other nights and some flexibility is a plus!
Family in Santa Monica is looking for a back up Sat night sitter that they can call from time to time when needed. Ideal candidate is upbeat, energetic, responsible and great with 2 active boys (3 and 6). Pay is $20/hour.
If interested, please email Rachel@thegrapevinela.com
Ideal candidate is extremely organized, fashion savvy and enjoys coordinating the details of event planning.
9-6PM + flexibility for events and reachable on off hours
65K-80K DOE + benefits
Personal Assistant needed for supporting the Principals and reporting to the Executive Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks including special projects. Act as Principal’s personal assistant with an expectation of rapid response and closely following directions with a keen eye for detail. Duties will range widely from the basic to the complex working under the discretion of the Principals and Executive Assistant.
(including but not limited to)
• Learn & maintain knowledge of the Principal’s evolving preferences at all times in order to anticipate needs and avoid issues before they arise.
• Run errands (ranging from basic to confidential & highly complex tasks).
• Special projects as assigned by Principals and/or Executive Assistant such as event planning, interior design research, dinner parties, etc.
• Solely responsible for real-time updates & maintenance of Principal’s contact database, mailing lists, and event invitation lists.
• Assist the Executive Assistant with day-to-day office management, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, travel, filing and all other tasks.
• Monitors and returns Executive Office’s incoming telephone calls and emails.
• Ensures that all Principal-requested activities and projects are coordinated through the Executive Office and proactively communicates with other staff as necessary.
• Small to large scale casual to formal event planning, tracking, management & execution.
• Hiring and contracting of outside vendors and services as required and in accordance with company policy (accounting, legal, etc).
• Works a flexible schedule including long hours, nights, and weekends.
• Ability to conduct fast but accurate internet research.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with Principal, staff, and outsiders.
• Other duties as assigned.
** You will be expected to work the events which may fall on X-mas and Thanksgiving so must be flexible!
• Superior integrity and high level of confidentiality.
• Service oriented – receive gratification from improving quality of life for the Principal, their family, friends, and key staff.
• Creative with strong organizational skills.
• Strong and dynamic communications skills (oral: in person/phone, written: letter/email), ability to influence and persuade outside actors towards Principal’s desired outcomes.
• Positive attitude, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and hard-working.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
• Particularly expert knowledge of Outlook Calendar and other scheduling technology.
• Keen ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability, demeanor, and interest to be on call, available, and responsive.
• Firm but affable personality, possessing a “thick skin,” and demonstrated ability to get along with all manner of personalities and people from all walks of life.
• Professional demeanor and excellent people skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive and supportive working relationships within and among a highly diverse staff.
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
• Flexible and responsive; always maintaining an approachable demeanor.
• Bachelor’s degree and prior face-paced office environment experience required.
• Personal/executive assistant schedule experience strongly preferred.
• A proven track record of attention to detail, meeting strict & competing deadlines, and of overall workplace excellence and success.
EA/Operations/Chief of Staff
Hours 9am – 6pm with flex as needed, occasional travel, watch emails after hours
Salary: 75K – 110K plus benefits etc
The two managing principals of a prestigious, boutique business entertainment PR firm, are searching for an experienced Special Assistant, Office of the Partners (Chief of Staff, senior EA level) to build a role that helps the partners focus and optimize schedules and business strategies. Key responsibilities include anticipating, filtering and accelerating issues, plus working with the partners to help them measure and address time, focus and energy.
Company represents high-profile film and television studios and entities, corporations, franchise film releases, CEOs, and players in the space where digital distribution meets content. This is a hands on job with opportunity for exposure to a name brand roster of ongoing clients which includes major movie studios, networks, producers, global media companies, investment banks, agencies and much more.
In this dynamic role we seek someone who is an organization specialist, has their finger on the pulse of the best new hot spots, knows how to ensure tat their task list is being done. This person will communicate to the two partners and ensure that they know everything at all times.
• Plan and prepare for each week ahead with Partners and existing EA including strategic scheduling, briefings, & travel all while leveraging cross scheduling opportunities
• Provide clients information and deliverables to help partners be more productive and effective
• Design a Weekly and Daily Tasking Management system with the Partners
• Move client and business projects forward via a Weekly and Daily Tasking management system
• Prepare materials for daily meetings either internally or externally & between client and account executive
• Prepare briefs on meetings and relevant daily news
• Aid in research of partner identified new clients, business partners and services
• Track topics and trends related to the business and integrate into daily tasking
• Identify key times of year and events that require Partner planning and staff mobilization (Cannes, Banking Conferences, Vanity Fair New Establishment, etc.)
• Act as first line of response for urgent calls when Partner not available, traffic to appropriate secondary respondent (i.e. account executive)
• Handle all document preparation and formatting for internal documents and planning
• Coordinate business operational needs with Chief Administrative Officer
• Research potential clients, specific initiatives, or programs and activate certain planning around events both internally and externally
• Develop protocol to monitor emails for urgent responses and flag and manage accordingly
• Help prioritize, remind and integrate daily calls, meetings and emails into action items
• 5 to 10 years as an executive assistant in the media, banking or political field exposed to C-Suite individuals
• Proven track record managing systems, schedules and CEO interaction
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and graphic design.
• First-rate written and verbal communication skills a must.
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, employees, clients, and high profile external parties.
• Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and work styles.
• Excellent attention to detail and organization.
• Possess the ability to prioritize and manage competing requests.
• Self-starter who can work independently and under pressure.
• Maintain strict confidentiality standards.
High end FULL TIME housekeeper.
Tuesday to Friday 2pm-10pm and Sat 8am-4pm.
Hourly: $25-$35 an hour depending on experience and salary history.
Experience in an estate is preferred and willingness to help with baby when the nanny is unavailable is great.
We seek someone who is organized, focused on their work and a truly warm spirit. Hard working is a must.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who is in the mix and willing to work hard! Must be chic and cool and have good connections to young influencers.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE NEEDED / FASHION DEPARTMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION: seeking an account executive for the fashion department to support its current client roster with a focus on our menswear brands. An ideal candidate will be a motivated team player with strong organizational and communications skills who has the ability to manage accounts— a minimum of 3+ years experience in the fashion and/or entertainment industry is required. Looking for someone who is proactive and capable of multi-tasking and who will thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. This person must have exceptional relationships with talent, stylists, managers, & publicists. Must be comfortable working nights and weekends.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITES
Secure VIP red-carpet and street style placements
Continuously outreach to set up VIP showroom appointments with client targets
Comfortable styling talent for events
Manage multiple fashion accounts; develop and execute strategies for each
Find and garner relationships with new/up & coming talent appropriate for each brand
Order the strongest product from each account on an ongoing basis to garner the most VIP placements
Constantly monitor paparazzi and entertainment sites for VIP placements & send shots to clients
Support on agency events as needed
Send client weekly status reports and provide key feedback regularly
Welcome to The Grapevine Agency! We are the premiere corporate and domestic staffing agency in Los Angeles and New York. We decided to create this blog as a forum for all of our Grapevine fans. We will be discussing hot topics regarding the job market as well as offer many tips and advice on how to find and land that perfect job. Also, we are now posting all of our corporate and domestic job lists here and will update them regularly. Feel free to ask us questions and give us suggestions about things you would like to see up here and will try our hardest to give you what you want. Enjoy!